×
Clashing Time talks Canon 50mm f/1.8 II

Clashing Time talks Canon 50mm f/1.8 II

Let me introduce you to my new baby...The Canon 50mm, f/1.8 from John Lewis. The lovely Jess from Jess In Your Ear first introduced me to a 50mm lens at The Snug Bar event a few weeks ago and I have been obsessing over it ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love the standard 18-55mm lens that came with my beautiful Canon 500D a few years ago - but I felt like it was about time to mix things up and try something new. As I am now vlogging (see my channel here), the 50mm lens just doesn't cut it as my room isn't big enough to move far enough back; but I feel like with every video I make, I learn more new skills and I now know how to make the most of that lens. My hopes for the 50mm is to take some really lovely product shots (as I have picked up so many great things at events recently), and I also want to start doing some outfit posts. I have met some amazing blogging girls in Cambridge who are also looking for someone to take pictures with and I feel so fortunate to have found them! If you have any tips for a 50mm lens then let me know!
CTx 

3 comments

daisychain said...

I had this lens for Christmas as a change from the standard and I'm loving it, I rarely use my standard lens any more!

Unknown said...

Ooh you lucky thing - the 50mm is supposed to be amazing for product photography and if these photos are anything to go by, it's a winner! My dad has lent me his Canon but I have no time at the moment to learn how to use it - maybe I can pick up some tips from you girls on Saturday? x
www.lovedbylaura.com

CG Digital + Strategy + Branding said...

You will absolutely love it so much!
I got mine and shoot most of my photos with it! Prime lenses are the way to go!

Chiara
www.that-spark-of-light.com

Copyright © Life At Victoria HouseCREATED BY ThemeShine